Drik ICT initiates software design contest.
Students of Bangladesh!
There are many challenges faced by our world today and even in your local communities. But did you ever imagine that you could help solve these challenges? It?s true, you can! The Microsoft Imagine Cup 2012 Software Design Competition is all about creating real-world applications and solutions that can help make the world a better place. Using Microsoft tools and technology, student competitors can unleash their ideas and technical talent to create cutting-edge software applications. You and your team will develop, test, and build your ideas into applications that can help solve some of the world?s toughest problems, such as poverty, hunger, gender inequality, environmental sustainability, and access to education and healthcare. We know you have the knowledge, the passion, and the drive to make a difference.?Sign up and get started building your solution today!
Software Design Details…
Ready to Get Started?
We know you are excited, but before you start building the next software design solution that benefits people around the globe, take a few minutes to read the?Software Design Rules for Bangladesh and the?Imagine Cup Official Rules and Regulations.
Okay, here?s how it works.
- Sign in and create a team of up to four people, 16 years or older, including yourself. Oh, and here?s a tip – it might be helpful to ask a teacher or business professional to mentor your team (not mandatory). Register your team for the competition.
- Get to work on your Project Plan/Preliminary Summary for Round 1. If you need a starting point,?downloadour template Project Plan/Preliminary Summary. After filling up the plan, you have to submit (you can find the “Upload Entry” button below). Once we approve your plan, you will be notified, and everyone automatically advances to Round 2 of the competition.
- Start building your application/solution and create the project presentation video. Read?Software Design Rules for Bangladesh for more clarification.
- From Round 2 entries, our judges will review your video, working prototype and justify your business plan.
What you?ll need to submit.
Software Design Round 1
- Project Plan/Preliminary Summary (download the required template)
Software Design Round 2
- Working prototype
- A video (maximum 15 minutes in length)
- Project Presentation and Business Visibility to the judges.
(Video creation and submission guideline is available in the?Software Design Rules for Bangladesh)
What are the Start and End dates?
This competition starts at 00:01 Bangladesh Standard Time (“BST”) on 1 January 2012 and ends at 23:59 BST on
14 April 2012 (?Entry Period?).
The Entry Period consists of two (2) separate Rounds as described below. Each round has unique entry requirements. All required entry deliverables must be received within the designated Round in order for your entry to be eligible for judging.
(all times 00:01 BST)
(all times 23:59 BST)
|Round 1 ? Software Design Project Plan/Preliminary Summary
|1 January 2012||21 February 2012|
|Round 2 ? National Competition Phase||22 February 2012||14 April 2012|
|Round 3 – Worldwide Finals||July 2012||July 2012|
The Competition Sign up Period begins on 17 October 2011 at 00:01 (12:01 A.M.) BST, and ends on 21 February 2012 at 23:59 BST.
They Did It, You Can, Too!
2011 People’s Choice Award Winning Team: Team Rapture from American International University Bangladesh
Round 2 ? Local Competition Phase
- Champion: Each officially registered member of the first place team will win a trip to Sydney, Australia to compete in the Imagine Cup 2012 Worldwide Finals in July 2012. Trip includes round trip airfare, standard hotel accommodations, select meals, and activities. Worth ?1,50,000.00 each.
- First Runner Up: Each officially registered member of the first runner up team will win a laptop computer; worth ?50,000.00 each.
- Second Runner Up: Each officially registered member of the second runner up team will win a laptop computer; worth ?30,000.00 each.
Round 2 ? Worldwide Finals
- First Place: $25,000 USD, to be divided equally among each officially registered member of the Team
- Second Place: $10,000 USD, to be divided equally among each officially registered member of the Team
- Third Place: $5,000 USD, to be divided equally among each officially registered member of the Team
*Mentors will not be awarded any portion of the monetary prize winnings listed above.
If you have any farther query, please do not hesitate to contact-
Microsoft Bangladesh Ltd.