The Manager – Production is responsible for managing the technical production and execution of high-end creative content for the Network and its clients. They will manage a team of editors/compositors/3D designers and composers in providing a full suite of post-production facilities for the Creative Division.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Develop high-end animated content for a diverse range of purposes, both internally and externally of the channel. Produce work for Promotions, Programmes, and News.
Responsible for the day to day running of projects and harmonious project executions supervising and side-by-side with the Executive Producer – Art Production and Executive Producer – Music.
Maintain daily communication with clients to ensure that all goals and branding guidelines are met and requirements catered for
Fulfilling technical requirements of post-producing and finishing various content, being involved in the process from brainstorming, and heavily involved in video editing work, visual special effects including 3D animations, colour correction and grading, digital compositing, and audio mixing.
- Conceive and create state-of-the-art broadcast graphics using computer-based programs.
- Brainstorm and conceptualize ideas.
- Provide storyboarding for projects.
- Design, create and provide motion graphics.
- Work within project schedule and under tight deadlines.
- Work in a team environment.
- Collaborate with creative team members to produce graphics for but not limited to show opens, stings,
- Implement and preserve the creative continuity of corporate branding standards.
- Conduct and maintain own quality control and assurance.
- Ensure graphics delivery to On-Air and Interactive presentations.
- Create and deliver a full and complete branding package.
- Pitch Creative Department Management on creative concepts and techniques.
- Assign projects to creative producers.
- Manage creative producers and resources to successfully deliver scheduled projects.
- Oversee creative producers to keep projects on track, while assuring the highest level of quality.
- Oversee and maintain creative direction.
- Evaluate content creative/quality/sound.
- Mentor creative staff and serve as the primary creative critic within the section.
- inspire creative producers and designers with their concepts and their command of the art of motion graphics and art
- Liaise with Advertisers, sponsors and service providers.
- Keep up to date on latest developments in the field and be involved with design organizations.
- Assist other departments in preparation and execution of graphics and creative related materials.
- Field work for special coverage.
- Perform other duties relevant to the job as requested.
Bachelor’s degree in Art Design, Motion Art, Multimedia, or a related field is must.
Minimum 9 years of professional experience in On-Air Promotion, Art Graphics or other related field within a TV/Media environment.
- Exceptional skills in post-production, 3D animation, video production, and film production, with strong skills in video editing software, non-linear, as well as traditional non-linear editing.
- Outstanding PC and Mac skills with post-production software, including Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, Avid, Lightworks, and VizRT
- Detailed experience of filming and directing for special effects
- High Graphic design skills.
- Excellent aesthetic and color sense.
- High communication skills.
- Multi-tasking and excellent time management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of motion and still graphics software and hardware.
- English language (spoken and written)
- Be at the forefront of innovation and technical progress in the execution of special effects, post-production for film and TV.
- Knowledge in broadcast standards, Media production methods and processes
- Understand the television business, and the content itself thoroughly in order to create and present appropriate, relevant and targeted design solutions. With a good understanding of world events they will be able to quickly promotions with clarity and sensitivity to the issue in question.
- Excellent knowledge of TV design, post-production and special effects platforms, including an in-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Viz RT and FCP, coupled with an understanding of integration between Mac and PC platforms.
- Experience in managing promotions producers.
- Strategic planning, Production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of all producer and coordinator roles as well as a flair for motivating the Creative teams in a busy production cycle.
- Expected to have a full understanding of the entire promotions production process within the context of the Network’s production and distribution processes as a whole (ex. News, Programmes, Presentation and Operations).
- Possess strong attention to detail and accuracy in spelling, grammar and pronunciation
- Offline editing
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines, in a fast turnaround and high-pressured environment is a must.
- Ability to supervise projects with large budgets, and liaise with various companies on global shoots
- Transfer words/scripts into storyboards and impact Graphics.
- React quickly and positively under a wide variety of sensitive Art Production situations that continually arise and are subject to change.
- Identify and learn new technologies/design techniques and take lead role in knowledge sharing.
- Recognize early signs of difficulty and delay.
- Meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment.
- Solve problems with keen instincts and organizational experience.
- Manage a team.
Please Retweet #employment #media